What is Load Cell?
The load cell is a force transducer that converts the force into electrical parameters. The main categories are
- Strain gauge
Pneumatic: The pneumatic load cells is used in the force-balance principle. This principle is a force is applied to one side of a diaphragm and an air pressure is applied to the other side.
Hydraulic: When a force is applied on a fluid medium contained in a bound space, the pressure of the fluid increments. This expansion in the pressure of the fluid is relative to the applied power. Henceforth a measure of the pressure in the weight of the fluid turns into a proportion of the applied power when adjusted.
Strain gauge: These load cells convert the load acting on them into electrical signals. Strain gauge load cells are widely using load cells for different applications.
There are mainly 3 categories
The force-balance principle utilizes additionally in pneumatic load cells. The shape is directly proportional to the electrical resistance. The main advantage of these load cells is versatile, highly accurate, and cost-effective.
They add all temperatures and conditions, and since it’s not a mechanism, if the chamber ruptures no fluids will leak to contaminate the actual environment. to work effectively, pneumatic load cells require clean, dry, regulated air or nitrogen.
Common types of load cell
Load cells are classified on the basis of load detection, precision, and also the general purpose. These are different types of load cells:
- Bending beam: To monitor force act on the sensing element when the spring element causes elastic deformation
- Load Button: When the load is placed in one single point or button.
- Single Point Load Cell: most common applications from small to medium loads.
- Pancake: Both tension or compression measurements single point shear beam: Low capacity compact weighing systems up to about 5 tons
- Double-ended shear beam: spring element fixed at both ends and loaded in the centre.
- S-type: used for general-purpose measurements like both compression and tension.
- Miniature: This type is fit for applications where less space and capacity load cell
Advantages of Load cell:
- Inherently explosion-proof
- Insensitive to temperature variations
- They don’t contain fluids, therefore, there’s no possibility of contamination of the method if the diaphragm breaks.
- Less expensive so mostly utilized in the industry
Load cells are often required for varied load-bearing applications, both for ensuring the safety of individuals & the environment and for maintaining structural integrity. Other applications like Food & Beverage Industries, Sensors for Robotic Surgery, Food & Beverage Industries, Bridge & Dam Structure Stress Monitoring, etc. To know more about the top & best load cell manufacturers in India visit sensomaticloadcell.com.We supply all types of loadcells such as aluminium load cell, s-type, shear beam load cell, universal, etc, and also custom products are also available.